Seasons are underway for the ever-popular geese, duck, whitetail and turkey. The Outdoor Annual provides the specifics of where, when and what species are in season.Other ongoing and upcoming seasons to anticipate in some zones are:
- Late Dove – December 19-January 7 or 25 depending on zone
- Pheasant – December 6-January 4 in 37 counties
- Quail – October 25-February 22
- Turkey – Various fall and spring dates depending on county
- Chachalaca – November 1-February 22 in 4 counties
Check the Outdoor Annual from the Department of Texas Parks and Wildlife for detailed information about seasons, zones, counties and bag and possession limits.